The Dr. Benjamin E. Mays Elementary Family strives to empower all children to light the way for the future by becoming lifelong learners and forward thinkers.
The vision of Dr. Benjamin E. Mays Elementary School is to educate today’s students for tomorrow’s world.
- Children are our focus.
- Educational success is the shared responsibility of students, families, and our school community working together. It takes a village to raise a child.
- Children learn best when basic human needs are satisfied.
- Everyone is entitled to respect, encouragement, a safe and nurturing learning environment, and appropriate educational facilities.
- All students learn best with, and deserve, quality instruction that addresses individual needs and provides appropriate support services and establishes high expectations.
- Learning is a lifelong process that improves the quality of life.
- Dedicated, highly qualified and highly effective teachers and other staff are essential and valuable assets in educating our children.